Horizontal CSS Menu

Kettle Corn


Be sure you have a nice big pot with a lid that fits well. Mine is 5 quarts but I think a 4 quart one may work but no smaller unless you half the recipe.


Kettle Corn
2-3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
1 drop natural butter flavor (optional)
3-4 Tablespoons Sucanat (or other natural sugar)
1/2 cup popcorn
sea salt to taste

In large pot on stove heat oil, butter flavor and popcorn on high heat. Stir constantly, when it starts to sizzle add the Sucanat. Continue stirring until popcorn starts to pop. Quickly place the lid on and grab the pot handles and shake/stir the pot! Keep moving over the unit until the popcorn popping slows down. Remove from heat shake the pot well it should still be popping a bit but just slowly. When it is done popping, pour popcorn into a bowl and lightly salt to taste! While pan is still hot feel free to make another batch ;) Lightly sweet, very crunchy, super tasty! But most important SIMPLE!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I was referred to your website by my sister in-law Maile, I think she's in your ward. Anyhow you recipes are amazing. I made your whole wheat bread recipe the other day, it was so easy and so delicious that I went through my cookbook and threw out all of my other bread recipes. Then the next day we used it as pizza dough. I am excited to try the Kettle Corn.
Also, are there substitutions for the Coconut oil? We live on a student budget and I don't think I can afford the real thing from the healthfood store.

Tammie said...

Courtney, I just spent a week at my Mom's and met your sister-in-law. She's GREAT! I'm glad you are enjoying my blog. I agree Coconut oil can be way expensive especially the good stuff at the health food store. I buy it in Bulk from a co-op called Azure Standard if you would like to know more about it let me know.

You could use Extra Virgin Olive Oil but I don't like it as well for sweet things. ;) I bet grapeseed oil would work good. It has many health benefits and a mild flavor (although not quite as rich as coconut oil) it is cheaper. Have fun, be creative, try what ever sounds good, with oils though be sure they are cold pressed!

Tam

The Food Hunter said...

My hubby loves Kettle Corn...I will need to make this for him.