Horizontal CSS Menu

Peanut Butter Chocolate Green Smoothie


This is a green smoothie everyone should love ESPECIALLY the kids! It's sweet, creamy and peanut buttery! I know, I know the green is a little bit weird but you could just add a little mint to it then nobody will be bothered by the green!





Peanut Butter Chocolate Green Smoothie
2 cups Rice or Almond milk
2 LARGE handfuls of spinach
2 Heaping Tablespoons all natural peanut butter
2 Tablespoon honey
2 or 3 bananas frozen
Ice enough for a good consistency I usually do a glass full
1 small handful of carob chips

Place all ingredients except carob chips in the blender and blend until smooth. Then add the carob chips and pulse until blended in but with some chips. ENJOY!

10 comments:

Hey it's Natée said...

This looks so yummy Tammie! I can't wait to try it.

Heidi said...

This sounds really yummy. I love using banana in smoothies because it gives it such a great texture.

Anonymous said...

I made this last night. They are absolutely delicious! Smooth, creamy and a sweet taste to it. It passed the test with my children too-they love it. Now I'll know they are eating their vegetables. Kim

Anonymous said...

Again my other children just love it. To me it tastes and looks like my husband['s favorite "mint and chocolate chip" ice cream. I think I've hooked them on that name. Kim

solivvus said...

i totally agree with the mint chocolate chip look! rhea and i have been making smoothies lately, and we've decided this one tops even the "peanut butter chocolate" smoothie without the spinach. hard to believe. but yes. it's true. thanks for the great recipe tammie! we love you :)

Carla said...

Have you tried this with any other type of greens besides spinach? I've been trying to alternate my greens, but I love this smoothie so much and it gives me a lot of energy so I want to drink it every day. Just wondering if it was as good with some other type.
I've also made this with almond butter and it's fabulous.

Tammie said...

Carla: You can try pretty much any greens you want. Some are more "green" tasting then others really strong ones like Kale I would not put to much at once in unless you really like strong green flavor. I'm sure Romaine and some of the other more mild greens would be just as good as the Spinach.

Anonymous said...

Can I substitute soy milk for the rice/almond milk?

Tammie said...

Yep it will work and I'm sure coconut milk would work too. I try to stay away from too many soy products because I notice I have some issues with it.

Anonymous said...

Wow...how clever. I never thought about adding a gentle tasting leaf vegetable to a non-savory smoothie. Thanks for recipe. I also have almond butter..I will try with that. I totally dig the green color. Does remind one of mint chocolate shake or a green tea smoothie.